Kinesio Tex Taping is a method used to help injured tissue and muscles heal; it can also benefit the lymphatic system.
It can help treat a wide range of sports injuries, orthopaedic and neuromuscular conditions. You may well have seen it used in last few Olympic Games.
Benedetta has been trained in Kinesio tape application with Kinesio UK, and is a member of the Kinesio Taping Association.
Below you can see shoulder and forearm flexors and the iliotibial band having Kinesio taping applied:
How can Kinesio tape application help?
- Pain: it reduces pain by taking pressure off the pain receptors
- Lymphatic: eliminates lymphatic fluid and haematomas beneath the skin
- Joint: adjusts misalignment to aid fascia and muscle function
- Muscle: reconditions abnormal tension and strengthens the muscles
What makes Kinesio tape effective?
- 140% elasticity to match that of the skin
- Non-restricted support, allowing full range of motion
- Can be worn for 3 to 5 days
- 100% high grade cotton: durable, water proof and latex free
- It also channels moisture to allow the skin to breathe
Contact Benedetta to discuss how the Kinesio taping method might help you
Benedetta practices from her relaxed and comfortable rooms in the leafy Hermitage area of Morningside, Edinburgh.