- Published: Thursday, 30 July 2015 16:03
Frozen shoulder can severely restrict your ability to carry out some everyday tasks, and can last for 2-3 years without treatment. However, a well-targeted course of massage treatment can help speed up your recovery by quite a few months, and reduce pain and discomfort.
Aware that this is a common complaint, Benedetta recently undertook a specialist massage course on treating shoulder girdle pain, including frozen shoulder.
Essential to effective treatment is a diagnosis so that she can work out which muscles might be the problem and need to be worked on. Questions Benedetta will ask you during the consultation include:
- Where is the pain at the moment?
- What movement or action makes it worse?
- How long has it been going on?
- What caused the problem? if known
- Have you been to the doctor and been diagnosed?
- Have you had an x-ray or MRI scan?
She will also give you stretching homework and teach you how to do trigger point therapy yourself, along with appropriate application of heat, cold, or both.
Contact Benedetta to arrange frozen shoulder treatment
Benedetta practices from her relaxed and comfortable rooms in the leafy Hermitage area of Morningside, Edinburgh.