10 tips for keeping your feet in top condition…
- Wash your feet daily in soapy luke warm water. Don’t soak them too long.
- Dry your feet thoroughly, especially between your toes.
- Remove hard skin with sand paper, pumice stone or a file.
- Apply moisturizing cream over all your feet except between your toes.
- Check your feet regularly for any unusual growth e.g. verrucas, corns or calluses.
- Take notice of itchiness – it may be a sign of fungal infection.
- Trim your nails with a nail trimmer, cutting them straight across.
- Wear sensible shoes and buy them at the end of the day when your feet are at their largest. Break them in slowly.
- Massage your feet by rubbing the soles on a golf ball, either standing or seated.
- In summer, walk barefoot on a pebbly beach.
Finally, and most importantly, don’t ignore pain – painful feet are not normal. See a foot specialist or have reflexology.