- Published: Thursday, 30 July 2015 16:22
Once the baby has been born, massage provides a wonderful sense of continuing comfort for the new mother, and can help her body recover from the stresses of pregnancy and childbirth.
Postnatal massage can help in a number of ways:
- Alleviate muscle strain
- Promote pelvic floor healing
- Rebalance the pelvis and spine
- Restore and normalise abdominal structures
- Facilitate healing after Caesarian section
- Restore normal walking patterns
- Regenerates tummy muscles
It can also prevent or reduce back and neck pain caused by caring for a baby.
During massage the mother is unclothed beneath a towel. Only the area of the body being worked on is uncovered.
I also teach exercises to help your belly’s shape return to normal.
Contact me to arrange a postnatal massage
Other pregnancy massage therapies:
I practice from my relaxed and comfortable consulting room in the leafy Hermitage area of Morningside, Edinburgh.