Hello! I am Benedetta Gaetani d'Aragona, a highly qualified registered massage therapist, advanced Emmett practitioner, and bodyworker with over 20 years experience in my field
Italian-born, I have made my home in Scotland, and I offer a wide range of massage therapies to improve health and enhance the quality of life, both mentally and physically. I have a broad knowledge of health issues including stretching and fitness regimes.
With a background of leading treks in the Himalayas for ten years and as a marathon runner, I recognise the importance of bodywork for those who enjoy sport and activity. I have worked as a massage therapist in a sports clinic and in a GP practice, and these days I actively collaborate with several colleague practitioners - physiotherapists, chiropractors, sports coaches, and with the staff of Run and Become.
Training and registration
I am a full member of the Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation, Scotland’s foremost massage standards body, and have I completed advanced training in:
- Remedial massage
- Sports massage
- Advanced Emmett practitioner
- Myofascial therapy
- Foot reflexology
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Pregnancy massage
- Dry needling
I have also completed specialist training in Hyperton-X (a muscle energy technique), Thai massage, trigger point release, Slavic massage and craniosacral therapy.
I am a registered massage therapist with the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT), the UK governing body for massage therapies and bodywork techniques. The GCMT promotes the highest standards of practice. I am also a registered massage therapist with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the UK regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners.
I am registered under Disclosure Scotland’s Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
Further professional development
I love exploring my field and take every opportunity to keep up to date with new and innovative ideas. I am grateful to the many advanced practitioners and renowned international bodywork masters with whom I have studied. Click on the links below for further information and, in some cases, videos demonstrating the techniques they teach:
- Art Riggs (USA) who specialises in myofascial release
- Ben Benjamin (USA) who specialises in treatment of injuries
- Tom Myers (USA) famous for his own system of structural integration
- Mario-Paul Cassar (Malta) on clinical massage with visceral techniques
- James Waslaski (USA) on orthopaedic massage and pain management
- James Earls (Ireland) on body fascia mapping
- Ruth Duncan (Scotland) on integrated myofascial therapy
- Carole Osborne-Sheets (USA) on pre, peri and postnatal massage
- George P. Kousaleos (USA) on Core myofascial therapy
- Noah Karrasch (USA) on Core bodywork
- Marjorie Brook (USA) specialising in active isolated stretching
- Gayle MacDonald (USA) teacher and cancer massage therapist
- Robert Schleip (Germany) on recent scientific discoveries and insights into fascia tissue
- Gill Hedley (USA) on anatomy of the fascia
- Kieran Corcoran (Ireland) Dry Needling
- Julian Baker Anatomical dissection
- Sue Gassick (UK) Emmett Technique
- Robert Libby (Canada)
- Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation: www.scottmass.co.uk
- Emmett Technique: www.emmett-uk.com
- Anatomy@Edinburgh: www.ed.ac.uk
- Core Institute: www.thecoreinstitute.com
- Carole Osborne-Sheets Body Therapy Education: www.bodytherapyeducation.com
- Upledger Institute: www.upledger.co.uk
- Robert Libby: LAST technique www.lastsite.ca
I practice from my relaxed and comfortable consulting room in the leafy Hermitage area of Morningside, Edinburgh.