Benedetta is a highly qualified registered massage therapist and bodyworker with over 20 years experience in her field.
Italian-born, she now lives and works in Scotland, offering a wide range of massage techniques shown to improve health and enhance the quality of life, both mentally and physically. She has a broad knowledge of health issues including diet, stretching and fitness regimes.
With a background of leading treks in the Himalayas for ten years and as a marathon runner, Benedetta recognises the importance of bodywork for those who enjoy sport and activity. She has worked as a massage therapist in a sports clinic and in a GP practice, and these days actively collaborates with several colleague practitioners - physiotherapists, chiropractors, sports coaches, and with the staff of Run and Become.
Training and registration
Benedetta is a full member of the Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation, Scotland’s foremost massage standards body, with whom she completed advanced training in:
- Remedial massage
- Sports massage
- Myofascial therapy
- Foot reflexology
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Pregnancy massage
- Dry needling
Benedetta has also completed specialist training in Hyperton-X (a muscle energy technique), Thai massage, trigger point release, Slavic massage and craniosacral therapy.
She is a registered massage therapist with the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT), the UK governing body for massage therapies and bodywork techniques. The GCMT promotes the highest standards of practice. Benedetta is also a registered massage therapist with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the UK regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners.
She is registered under Disclosure Scotland’s Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
Further professional development
Benedetta loves exploring her field and takes every opportunity to keep up to date with new and innovative ideas. She is grateful to the many advanced practitioners and renowned international bodywork masters with whom she has studied. Click on the links below for further information and, in some cases, videos demonstrating the techniques they teach:
- Art Riggs (USA) who specialises in myofascial release
- Ben Benjamin (USA) who specialises in treatment of injuries
- Tom Myers (USA) famous for his own system of structural integration
- Mario-Paul Cassar (Malta) on clinical massage with visceral techniques
- James Waslaski (USA) on orthopaedic massage and pain management
- James Earls (Ireland) on body fascia mapping
- Ruth Duncan (Scotland) on integrated myofascial therapy
- Carole Osborne-Sheets (USA) on pre, peri and postnatal massage
- George P. Kousaleos (USA) on Core myofascial therapy
- Noah Karrasch (USA) on Core bodywork
- Marjorie Brook (USA) specialising in active isolated stretching
- Gayle MacDonald (USA) teacher and cancer massage therapist
- Robert Schleip (Germany) on recent scientific discoveries and insights into fascia tissue
- Gill Hedley (USA) on anatomy of the fascia
- Kieran Corcoran (Ireland) Dry Needling
- Julian Baker Anatomical dissection
- Sue Gassick (UK) Emmett Technique
- Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation: www.scottmass.co.uk
- Emmett Technique: www.emmett-uk.com
- Anatomy@Edinburgh: www.ed.ac.uk
- Core Institute: www.thecoreinstitute.com
- Carole Osborne-Sheets Body Therapy Education: www.bodytherapyeducation.com
- Upledger Institute: www.upledger.co.uk
Benedetta practices from her relaxed and comfortable rooms in the leafy Hermitage area of Morningside, Edinburgh.